One of the great things we derive as a result of our faith in Christ is spiritual authority. Our Lord Jesus said to our predecessors in office so to say:
Luke 10:19 (NLT)
19 Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you.
Matthew 18:18-20 (NLT)
18 “I tell you the truth, whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven. 19 “I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. 20 For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”
There is an urgent need to forbid anarchy here on earth in the nation of Nigeria. The Spirit is speaking expressly that desperate politicians determined to wrest power are plotting to mount illegal checkpoints in order to determine the allegiance of citizens. In one night I was stopped on the highway by one group in a revelation. I woke up and prayed against anarchy. I slept again and I was stopped by another group. To ensure that I did not miss the message I said to these fellows: “You know I support you.” They looked at me recognized me and smiled. I had just crossed their so called enemy’s territory riding a Mobylette (Mini Motorcycle) painted in their colours for safety. To cross the territory of the people that know me on the same journey, I had to wrap the Mobylette with rags to hide the colours of the opposing side. (See the pattern in Genesis 41:17-32)
We must remember that the reason why the Holy Spirit gives us revelations is so that we can use our spiritual authority to block the evil spirits behind these moves. When we do this successfully, the plot will lack spiritual backing and will shrivel and die and will never materialize. So this is the time to exercise authority. We are taught in the Book of Job that the day in heaven always precedes the day on earth (Job 1:6 and 13). Between the day in heaven and the day on earth is what I have called the spiritual window of opportunity to intervene with the authority restored to us through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:17-21 (Note vs. 19-21). This authority did not exist before Christ (Acts 4:12, Philp. 2:9-11).
Here are ways we can pray:
- Acknowledge God as the one and only Power that rules the whole universe – Psalm 62:11
- Acknowledge that because God is the only power, only what He permits is possible in the universe – Lam. 3:37
- Acknowledge that as a child of God, redeemed in Christ Jesus, the authority to rule the world from the spiritual to the physical has been restored to you in Christ – Matt. 18:18-19,
- Acknowledge that because you have been washed in the blood of Jesus, you have been empowered to rule as priest-king on the earth – Revelations 1:5-6
- Acknowledge that as a result of what Jesus has done, you can set a decree in the heavens and God will establish it for you – Job 22:26-30 (KJV) Prov. 16:3
- As you approach the throne of God to set these decrees to the glory of God sprinkle your heart with the blood of Jesus in order to eliminate any sins that may hinder your authority – Hebrews 10:19, 1 John 2:1-2.
- Give glory to Him that sits upon the throne and to the Lamb for the greatness of His favour in your redemption. Worship Him who lives forever and ever for redemption and for restoration of our spiritual position and authority.
- Make a report of the activities of evil men who are selfish and wicked and are plotting in their secret chambers to destabilize the nation, unleash the spirit of fear and anarchy in Nigeria because they are determined to grab power.
- Now make your decree before the King of kings and the LORD of lords, the only ruler of the Universe: “I stop them dead O LORD our God by the authority in the name of Jesus. Because Jesus died and rose again, I STOP THEM NOW. I bind every spirit plotting this through men and women – whether they be in heaven or on the earth or beneath the earth. And any man who will persist in plotting the death of another because they want power, let them pay with their own lives THAT THE FEAR OF GOD MAY RULE THIS LAND – NIGERIA, TO THE GLORY OF GOD in the mighty name of Jesus, amen. Psalm 7:9, Psalm 37:20, Job 28:28, Prov. 16:6, 19:23
- Release the Spirit of grace and supplication on all Nigerians but especially on our politicians that they may seek to serve in the public interest and for the public good. There can be no desperation for such an objective.
- Here is the conclusion:
Job 34:21-32 (NLT)
21 “For God watches how people live; he sees everything they do.
22 No darkness is thick enough to hide the wicked from his eyes.
23 We don’t set the time when we will come before God in judgment.
24 He brings the mighty to ruin without asking anyone, and he sets up others in their place.
25 He knows what they do, and in the night he overturns and destroys them.
26 He strikes them down because they are wicked, doing it openly for all to see.
27 For they turned away from following him. They have no respect for any of his ways.
28 They cause the poor to cry out, catching God’s attention. He hears the cries of the needy.
29 But if he chooses to remain quiet, who can criticize him? When he hides his face, no one can find him, whether an individual or a nation.
30 He prevents the godless from ruling so they cannot be a snare to the people.
31 “Why don’t people say to God, ‘I have sinned, but I will sin no more’?
32 Or ‘I don’t know what evil I have done—tell me. If I have done wrong, I will stop at once’?